Over time, the transmission in your vehicle can undergo wear-and-tear. As your vehicle ages, the fluid can become thinner and contaminated, causing premature wear on your transmission. Other factors like extreme temperatures, towing, and stop-and-go traffic can all negatively affect the transmission in your car or truck. When it’s time to repair or maintain the transmission in your vehicle, bring it to the experts at Mr. Transmission Milex of Margate. We are proud to serve the communities of Margate, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, and Pompano Beach with honesty and integrity. Our transmission maintenance services are designed to improve shifting, performance, increase the lifespan of your vehicle, and reduce component failure risks. Our highly trained mechanics offer different levels of service, depending on your needs, including fluid and filter exchange and filter flush services. Whatever your vehicle needs to be road ready, you can rely on the experts at Mr. Transmission Milex Complete Auto Care of Margate.
Common signs of transmission wear include:
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
Do’s and Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
When it comes to the safety of your vehicle, it is important to maintain your transmission properly. Here are a few useful tips to help you avoid costly transmission damage:
- Do scheduled transmission maintenance according to vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving. Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, as this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle, as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4×4 range on dry pavement, unless vehicle is all-wheel or automatic 4×4 drive.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.
For complete transmission maintenance, bring your vehicle to the professionals at Mr. Transmission Milex Margate. We are available to answer your questions and provide reliable and trustworthy solutions. We are proud to assist vehicle owners in Margate, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, and the surrounding area.